Robert's Rules of Order Revised
by General Henry M. Robert
1915 Version, Public Domain
[Editor's Note: The copyright on the original 1915 version has expired. However, the modifications and enhancements to this work are Copyright © 1996 Constitution Society. Permission is hereby granted to any person to copy and use this material on a non-profit basis with attribution, and in particular, with the retention of links to the site of the Constitution Society or its successors on the World Wide Web. One of the modifications made to the original document is the substitution for page numbers of section and paragraph numbers, using the format mm:nn, where mm is the section number and nn the paragraph number. Footnotes have been numbered and moved to the end of sections. The Order of Precedence of Motions and the Table of Rules Relating to Motions have also been reformatted and revised to adapt them to the needs of an online document.]
For translations into other languages see Translations.
To purchase a hard copy of the 10th Edition of RROR click on A.
Table of Contents
- Order of Precedence of Motions. (OPM)
- Table of Rules Relating to Motions. (TRM)
- Preface. (PRE)
- Introduction. (INT)
- Part I.- Rules of Order.
- Art. I.- How Business is Conducted in Deliberative Assemblies.
- Art. II.- General Classification of Motions.
- Art. III.- Privileged Motions.
- Art. IV.- Incidental Motions.
- 21. Questions of Order and Appeal
- 22. Suspension of the Rules
- 23. Objection to the Consideration of a Question
- 24. Division of a Question, and Consideration by Paragraph or Seriatim
- 25. Division of the Assembly, and Motions relating to Methods of Voting, or to Closing or Reopening the Polls
- 26. Motions relating to Methods of Making, or to Closing or to Reopening Nominations
- 27. Requests growing out of Business Pending or that has just been pending, as, a Parliamentary Inquiry, a Request for Information, for Leave to Withdraw a Motion to Read Papers, to be Excused from a Duty, or for any other Privilege
- Art. V.- Subsidiary Motions.
- Art. VI.- Some Main and Unclassified Motions.
- Art. VII.- Debate.
- Art. VIII.- Vote.
- Art. IX.- Committees and Boards.
- 49. Committees Classified
- 50. Boards of Managers, etc., and Executive Committees
- 51. Ex-Officio Members of Boards and Committees
- 52. Committees, Special and Standing
- 53. Reception of Reports
- 54. Adoption or Acceptance of Reports
- 55. Committee of the Whole
- 56. As if in Committee of the Whole
- 57. Informal Consideration
- Art. X.- The Officers and the Minutes.
- Art. XI.- Miscellaneous.
- Part II.- Organization, Meetings, and Legal Rights of Assemblies.
- Art. XII.- Organization and Meetings.
- 69. An Occasional or Mass Meeting
- 70. A Permanent Society.
- 71. Meeting of a Convention.
- Art. XIII.- Legal Rights of Assemblies and Trial of Their Members.
- Plan for Study of Parliamentary Law. (PLN)
- Index (NDX)
|Home » References|
|Original URL: http://www.constitution.org/rror/rror--00.htm
Maintained: Jon Roland of the Constitution Society
Original date: 1996 September 3 - Updated: 2004 January 9
What you can do to help