Alumni LegacyTo be eligible for these scholarships, you must be currently admitted to UVU, have submitted transcript(s) (either High School if just graduated or college if transferred), and have submitted ACT or SAT scores (if applicable). Most of the scholarships, highlighted within this web site and the many others not mentioned require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application.
There are a few scholarships that do NOT require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application, but it would be to the benefit for the student to complete and submit the online form. If there is a question regarding specific scholarships’ requirements, please contact the Scholarship Office at (801) 863-8443.
- Full non-resident tuition differential
- Possible renewal for up to eight semesters
- Be a non-resident of the State of Utah
- Have at least one parent who holds at least an associate degree from Utah Valley University, Utah Valley State College, Utah Valley Community College, or Utah Technical College/Provo
- Enroll at UVU as a first-time undergraduate student in the Utah System of Higher Education.
- A student who attends UVU on an Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship may not count the time during which the scholarship is received towards establishing resident student status in Utah.
Criteria for Awards
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- Enroll and earn at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Have an ACT score of 22 or higher
- The checkbox "Child of Alumni" must be checked within Part I of the online scholarship application. Submit name of alumni parent when prompted by the application. The alumni will be verified before eligibility is confirmed, and, if requested in an email, provide proof of relationship.
- Submit a one-page (600-800 words) statement of intent explaining the alumni relationship and why the student should receive the award. Submission will be within the online application.
- Alumni Scholarship Committee will review the applications and select the recipients.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters, provided the recipient maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and earns 12 hours per semester.
- Should it be discovered that any recipient misrepresented their legacy status, the scholarship will be revoked immediately.
- Students must complete a residency update form (located on the alumni website) each semester before the award will be posted to the student's account.
- The waiver may be added to other University or private scholarships.
UVU provides financial assistance to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need language assistance or accommodation, please inform us when you first contact our office.