- Full non-resident tuition differential
- Possible renewal for up to eight semesters
- Be a non-resident of the State of Utah
- Have at least one parent who holds at least an associate degree from Utah Valley University,
Utah Valley State College, Utah Valley Community College, or Utah Technical College/Provo
- Enroll at UVU as a first-time undergraduate student in the Utah System of Higher Education.
- A student who attends UVU on an Alumni Legacy Non-resident Scholarship may not count
the time during which the scholarship is received towards establishing resident student
status in Utah.
Utah Valley University (UVU) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), disability
status, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, citizenship,
genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment,
admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed
- Enroll and earn at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher (GPA is unweighted)
- Have an ACT score of 22 or higher
- The check box "Child of Alumni" must be checked within Part I of the online scholarship
application. Submit name of alumni parent when prompted by the application. The alumni
will be verified before eligibility is confirmed, and, if requested in an email, provide
proof of relationship.
- Submit a one-page (600-800 words) statement of intent explaining the alumni relationship
and why the student should receive the award. Submission will be within the online
- Alumni Scholarship Committee will review the applications and select the recipients.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters, provided the recipient maintains
a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and earns 12 hours per semester.
- Should it be discovered that any recipient misrepresented their legacy status, the
scholarship will be revoked immediately.
- Students must complete a residency update form (located on the alumni website) each
semester before the award will be posted to the student's account.
- The waiver may be added to other University or private scholarships.