- Waives the non-resident portion of tuition.
- Merit Based scholarships will be viewed and selected by the Scholarship Office.
- Incoming non-resident Freshman undergraduate who has not previously been enrolled
in a college or university in Utah
- Legal domicile is approximately 100 highway miles from UVU's Orem or Wasatch campuses. The
High Schools list below qualify:
- Evanston High School, Evanston Wyoming
- Kemmerer High School, Kemmerer Wyoming
- Mountain View High School, Mountain View Wyoming
- Lyman High School, Lyman Wyoming
Utah Valley University (UVU) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), disability
status, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, citizenship,
genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment,
admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- Register and maintain at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher to apply
- Have an overall ACT score of 22 or higher to qualify
- The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters, provided the recipient maintains
a GPA of 3.2 or higher and completes 12 hours per semester.
- Should it be discovered that any recipient misrepresented their Border Status, the
scholarship will be revoked immediately.
- The waiver may be added to other University or private scholarships.