Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
To be eligible for these scholarships, you must be currently admitted to UVU, have
submitted transcript(s) (either High School if just graduated or college if transferring),
and have submitted ACT or SAT scores (if applicable). Most of the scholarships, highlighted
within this web site and the many others not mentioned require the Comprehensive Online
There are a few scholarships that do NOT require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship
Application, but it would be to the benefit for the student to complete and submit
the online form. If there is a question regarding specific scholarships’ requirements,
please contact the Scholarship Office at (801) 863-8443.
This scholarship is for transfer students who have previously been involved with Phi
- Must specifically select this scholarship by checking the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship
checkbox in Part II of the online scholarship application then complete all other
information requested and by the deadline.
- Transfer resident student
- Must have completed 30 transfer credit hours (not including concurrent enrollment
or AP classes).
- Must have a transferred GPA of 3.0 or more.
- Must submit to the Scholarship Office a Letter of Recommendation from their Chapter
- Deadline is May 31.
Criteria for Awards
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- Student must submit, through the online scholarship application, an essay covering
these three topics:
- Tell us about your participation in Phi Theta Kappa, including any positions you held.
- How did your participation in Phi Theta Kappa prepare you for the next level of education?
- Tell us why you chose to come to UVU.
Application is OPEN for 2016-17
The 1st priority deadline has now passed for Freshman/Transfer Scholarships. You may
still apply as a 2nd priority applicant and be placed on a waiting list should funds