Border Waiver ScholarshipTo be eligible for these scholarships, you must be currently admitted to UVU, have submitted transcript(s) (either High School if just graduated or college if transferred), and have submitted ACT or SAT scores (if applicable). Most of the scholarships, highlighted within this web site and the many others not mentioned require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application.
There are a few scholarships that do NOT require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application, but it would be to the benefit for the student to complete and submit the online form. If there is a question regarding specific scholarships’ requirements, please contact the Scholarship Office at (801) 863-8443.
- Waives the non-resident portion of tuition.
- Merit Based scholarships will be viewed and selected by the scholarship office.
- Incoming non-resident Freshman undergraduate who has not previously been enrolled in a college or univerity in Utah
- Legal domicile is approximately 100 highway miles from UVU's Orem or Wasatch campuses such as
- Evanston High School, Evanston Wyoming
- Kemmerer High School, Kemmerer Wyoming
- Mountain View High School, Mountain View Wyoming
Criteria for AwardsStudents must:
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- Register and maintain at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher to apply
- Have an overall ACT score of 22 or higher to qualify
- The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters, provided the recipient maintains a GPA of 3.2 or higher and completes 12 hours per semester.
- Should it be discovered that any recipient misrepresented their Border Status, the scholarship will be revoked immediately.
- The waiver may be added to other University or private scholarships.
UVU provides financial assistance to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need language assistance or accommodation, please inform us when you first contact our office.