Scholarship Citizen Requirement Information
ALL scholarship recipients must prove they are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
in order to receive their scholarship award. You may satisfy this requirement in ONE of the following ways:
International Students satisfy this requirement at the time of admission.
- FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. You may be required to provide proof of citizenship to the Financial Aid/ Scholarship
Office if your FAFSA does not pass the national citizenship database check that occurs
at the time of application.
- Prior Grant or Loan Recipient: If you have ever received a federal grant or loan, you can obtain your recipient
information from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at www.nslds.ed.gov. You may fax or bring in a copy of this information.
- Certified Birth Certificate: You may fax or bring in a copy of your certified birth certificate.
- Current Valid Passport: You may fax or bring in a copy of your valid passport.
- Driver's License: You may fax or bring in a copy of your Utah Driver's License that has been renewed
in 2010. A prior driver's license is not acceptable.
- Certificate of Naturalization: You may fax or bring in a copy of your Certificate of Naturalization.
- Signed Statement: You may submit a signed statement affirming that you are a U.S. citizen. Remember
to put your UVU ID on the top of the page.
Remember, this requirement must be satisfied before scholarship funds will be disbursed.
You will see this requirement through the UVLink/Financial Aid menu. By referring to UVLink/Financial Aid menu after you have turned in your documentation,
you will be able to see if the requirement has been satisfied.