Phi Theta Kappa ScholarshipTo be eligible for these scholarships, you must be currently admitted to UVU, have submitted transcript(s) (either High School if just graduated or college if transferred), and have submitted ACT or SAT scores (if applicable). Most of the scholarships, highlighted within this web site and the many others not mentioned require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application.
There are a few scholarships that do NOT require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application, but it would be to the benefit for the student to complete and submit the online form. If there is a question regarding specific scholarships’ requirements, please contact the Scholarship Office at (801) 863-8443.
This scholarship is for transfer students who have previously been involved with Phi Theta Kappa.
- Must specifically select this scholarship by checking the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship checkbox in Part II of the online scholarship application then complete all other information requested and by the deadline.
- Transfer resident or non-resident student
- Must have completed 30 transfer credit hours (not including concurrent enrollment or AP classes).
- Must have a transfered GPA of 3.0 or more.
- Must submit to the Prospective Student Enrollment Office a Letter of Recommendation from their Chapter Advisor.
- Deadline is May 31.
Criteria for Awards
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- Student must submit, through the online scholarship application, an essay covering these three topics:
- Tell us about your participation in Phi Theta Kappa, including any positions you held.
- How did your participation in Phi Theta Kkappa prepare you for the next level of education?
- Tell us why you chose to come to UVU.
UVU provides financial assistance to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need language assistance or accommodation, please inform us when you first contact our office.