Private ScholarshipsTo be eligible for these scholarships, you must be currently admitted to UVU, have submitted transcript(s) (either High School if just graduated or college if transferred), and have submitted ACT or SAT scores (if applicable). Most of the scholarships, highlighted within this web site and the many others not mentioned require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application.
There are a few scholarships that do NOT require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application, but it would be to the benefit for the student to complete and submit the online form. If there is a question regarding specific scholarships’ requirements, please contact the Scholarship Office at (801) 863-8443.
Large corporations, small businesses, families, and individuals donate through the Make A Gift program to allow students the chance to qualify for privately funded scholarship awards. If you would like to establish a scholarship and take advantage of it's benefits, please contact the Utah Valley University Foundation.
Students will be considered automatically for all eligible private scholarships by completing the online application and fulfilling the requirements. If you wish to be considered for a specific scholarship, please locate the "text box" located within the comprehensive online scholarship application and enter the title of the scholarship into the text box. The Private Scholarship List contains a comprehensive list of all established scholarships along with their requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: The inclusion of a scholarship in the above list does not guarantee funds are available for the present semester/year.
- Must check the box on the online scholarship application marked "Community Engagement" to be considered for this scholarship
- The FAFSA or the FA Forecaster is required
- Requires an essay – one page stating your leadership skills, involvement in community service and any work experience
Privately Funded Academic Based
- Must check the box on the online scholarship application marked "Privately Funded Academic Based" to be considered for this scholarship
- Degree and major related
- Requires an essay – one page stating your career goals, how you will use your degree, your involvement in community services, and your financial need.
Woodbury School of BusinessAre you an entrepreneur or involved in the Woodbury School of Business Entrepreneurship Institute?
- Must check the box on the online scholarship application marked "Woodbury School of Business" to be considered for this scholarship
- Both resident and non-resident
- Open to Freshman, Transfer, and Continuing Student
- Requires an essay – include the following:
- Describe examples of your leadership experience, in or out of school, where you have significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- Describe any of your special interests as they relate to the area of business.
- Describe the most significant academic or personal challenge you have faced, and the steps you have taken to address this challenge. What did you learn from this experience?
- Explain what you have done to make your community a better place to live. Give examples of specific projects in which you have been involved.
- Articulate the academic and professional goals you have established for yourself and your efforts to accomplish these.
- How would you describe yourself, your strengths, and what makes you a good candidate for a Woodbury School of Business scholarship?
- Describe your plans for giving back to Utah Valley University and your community.
UVU provides financial assistance to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need language assistance or accommodation, please inform us when you first contact our office.