Criteria for Course Certification/Recertification
All applications are due annually to the General Education Committee by February 1st.
If the course is a core course in the GE program, complete FORM A.
Core courses are:
- ENGL 1010 Introduction to Writing
- ENG 2010 Intermediate Writing – Humanities/Social Science
- ENGL 2020 Intermediate Writing – Science and Technology
- MATH 1030 Quantitative Reasoning
- MATH 1040 Introduction to Statistics
- MATH 1050 College Algebra
- POLS 1000 American Heritage
- HIST 2700 History to 1877
- HIST 2710 History since 1877
- HIST 1700 American Civilization
- HIST 1740 US Economic History
- POLS 1100 American National Government
- PHIL 2050 Ethics and Values
- HLTH 1100 Personal Health & Wellness
- PES 1097 Fitness for Life
If the course is a distribution course or you want to add it as a distribution course,
complete FORM B.
Distribution Courses fall into the following categories:
- Physical Science
- Fine Arts
- Social/Behavioral Science
If you wish to remove a course from one of the distribution areas, complete FORM C.
Courses may be removed if they are no longer taught or if you feel they are no longer
appropriate for a general education program.
If you have questions, contact any member of the committee.
Examples of Completed Re-Certification FormsRe-Certification Application Example1Re-Certification Application Example 2Re-Certification Application Example 3