If I am Interested in the UVU Geomatics Program What Do I Do?
Contact: Contact either Dan Perry Program Coordinator by phone at 801-863-8525 or by email at email@example.com. Or you can contact Andrew Gifford, Geomatics Academic Adviser by phone at 801-863-6597 or by email at AGifford@uvu.edu
Apply: Go to www.uvu.edu/admissions and APPLY NOW
- Complete the steps required in the application process
- Declare GEOMATICS as your major
- The cost is $35
- Be sure to request info on Financial Aid if you need grants, loans, etc.
- Go to www.fafsa.gov to get the financial aid process started
Submit Transcripts: Contact each of the colleges and/or universities you have previously attended and request an official copy of your transcripts be sent directly to the records office at UVU for evaluation (this step may take several weeks, so follow-up often with UVU records office)
Confirm Acceptance: Once you submit your admissions application you should receive an acceptance letter via email in 2-4 days stating that you have been accepted and this email will show your UVID and initial password (this is a critical number used throughout your time at UVU- memorize the number because you will refer to it often). If you have not received your acceptance notification or UV ID you need to contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Classes: Go to uvlink.uvu.edu or click the UVLINK logo above (located at the upper left corner of the page) and login to UVLINK
- From the Home tab you will see various sections with Headings such as Alerts, UVAnnounce, LinkMail, Online Services Menus, etc. go to the Online Services Menus section
- Click on Students Records Menu then in the next screen click on Wolverine Track/Apply for Graduation and then Launch Wolverine Track
- If you have transfer credit all those courses should show up as a part of the Geomatics program under courses accepted. Note: If this does not occur contact UVU records and transfer credits and verify your current records with UVU
- The Wolverine Track will assist you in knowing what courses you have already taken and which course you will need to take to graduate
Contact Advisor: Contact Jessie Stewart and set up a meeting with her to discuss course details, registration availability, course planning/scheduling, and other issues and problems which may be resolved