Registration for the GRE® revised General test is now open.
It's time to get ready!
People around the world have started registering for the GRE® revised
General Test, which launches on August 1, 2011. Now is the perfect time
to make sure your prospective applicants have the information they need
to meet admissions deadlines. Plus, there are a few things you can do to
get ready for the changes ahead.
What to tell your prospective applicants
● If your programs require GRE® scores before November, applicants must
take the current GRE® General Test before August. This way you will
receive their scores prior to your deadline.
● If GRE scores aren't required until after November, then applicants
should take the GRE revised General Test. They'll experience the new
test-taker friendly design that allows them to move back and forth
within a section and more. Plus, applicants who test in August or
September 2011 will save 50% on their test fee.
● No matter which test they take, applicants should register as soon as
possible. The last dates for the current GRE General Test are
approaching and seats will fill up quickly. And if they're taking the
GRE revised General Test, there's high demand for testing in August and
September 2011 due to the special 50% discount offer.
● Applicants can register now at ets.org/gre.
Ways for you to get ready
● Update your publications, website and other online communications to
include this important timing information about the GRE revised General
Test: If GRE scores are needed before November, applicants must take the
current GRE General Test before August.
● Become familiar with the new score scale and view the sample score report. Keep in mind, scores will be reported starting in early November and
concordance information will be available at that time to help you
compare scores. To learn all about the new score scale, watch the
7-minute video, Understanding the New Score Scale.
● Expect to receive a high volume of score reports in November due to the special score reporting schedule. Scores will start being sent in early November.
● Sign up to receive the GRE revised General Test eUpdate — sent right to your inbox. Get important news, information and
resources to help you stay informed about the launch of the GRE revised
To learn more about the GRE revised General Test, visit ets.org/gre/revisedtest.
For helpful resources to assist you and your prospective applicants in
getting ready for the August launch, visit the GRE Information Center.
You may also contact our Helpline to get answers to your questions about the revised test at: GREhelpline@ets.org.
The GRE revised General Test team