Welcome to Orem
Utah Valley University is one of the great pillars of our community. We are always
excited to welcome new students. As you seek an education at UVU, we hope you will
choose to live, work, and play in Orem. We invite you to become a part of our community
by learning about the recreation, entertainment, and shopping opportunities that Orem
has to offer.
- SCERA Park Pools, featuring two waterslides, a lap pool, a leisure pool, and a current
- Fitness Center with indoor swimming, fitness classes, weights, cardio equipment, basketball
courts, and racquetball courts.
- 20 city parks with tennis courts, picnic areas, and beautiful landscaping.
Food and Entertainment
- Cinemark Theaters at University Mall
- Live theater performances at the Hale Center Theatre and SCERA Theatre
- Great dessert cafés including The Chocolate, Decadence Café, The Sweet Tooth Fairy,
Cupcake Chic, and multiple ice cream and frozen yogurt shops.
- Shopping and restaurants on State Street and University Parkway.
- Orem is the home to the nationally recognized Timpanogos Storytelling Festival, held
each Labor Day weekend.
- The City holds Summerfest in June, an annual community celebration.
- The Colonial Heritage Festival, part of the Freedom Festival, is held at the SCERA
Park the first week in July.