Utah Valley University offers employees the opportunity to participate in a variety of benefit programs. (2014-2015 Summary of Benefits)
Benefits Terms - A glossary of terms and definitions commonly used in benefits.
Medical Insurance - UVU provides full-time benefit eligible employees a high quality medical insurance plan with a low employee premium share. The medical plan is partially self-funded by UVU and administered by UMR.
Dental Insurance - UVU provides full-time benefit eligible employees a high quality dental insurance plan with a 20% employee premium share. The dental plan is partially self-funded by UVU and administered by EMI Health.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA) - Allows full-time benefit eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars to pay for medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses.
Supplemental Vision Plan - Available through United Healthcare
Basic Life Insurance - UVU provides $50,000 in term life insurance coverage to all benefit eligible employees. An optional $5,000 in dependent term life insurance coverage is also available for the employee's spouse & children.
Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD) - Full-time benefits eligible employees are covered under a LTD insurance plan. Plan benefits include 66.67% of base salary and a continuation of retirement plan contributions, after a 5 month waiting period in which the employee is approved for disability benefits.
Workers Compensation Insurance - All employees are covered under the Institution's workers compensation insurance policy for injuries or illnesses received as a result of their employment with the Institution.
- Nonexempt benefit eligible employees hired on or before July 1, 2011: Utah Retirement Systems (URS) NonContributory Defined Benefit Plan 14.22% (Pension Plan) and 1.5% URS 401(k) contribution rate (based on the employee's compensation).
- Nonexempt benefit eligible employees hired after July 1, 2011, and have not participated in Utah Retirement Systems in the past: Utah Retirement Systems Tier 2 (URS) NonContributory Defined Benefit Plan 7.59% (Pension Plan) and 2.41% IRS 401(k) contribution rate (based on the employee's compensation)
- Executive/Faculty/Exempt benefit eligible employees – 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan with a contribution rate of 14.2% (based on the employee's compensation). Investment options through TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments.
Supplemental Retirement Investment Options- Additional retirement savings options are available through payroll deduction with no employer match.
- Retirement savings plans include 403(b), 401(k), and 457(b) tax-deferred plans and Roth IRA and 403(b) plans.
- Investment options are available through TIAA-CREF, Fidelity Investments and Utah Retirement Systems.
Supplemental Insurance - Additional insurances options available through payroll deduction (employee pays 100% premiums).
- Supplemental Term Life and Voluntary Accidental Life - Plans through Minnesota Life
- AFLAC - Cancer and hospital intensive care
- MetLife Auto and Home- Available through MetLife
- Long Term Care Insurance- Available through MedAmerica
- Legal Insurance - Available through Hyatt Legal Plans and Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Annual (Vacation) Leave – Nonexempt and exempt benefit eligible staff employees accrue annual leave based on employment tenure (minimum of one day per full calendar month to a maximum of two days per full calendar month).
- Sick Leave - Nonexempt and exempt benefit eligible staff employees accrue sick leave at a rate of one day per full calendar month. Faculty accrue sick leave based on nine months and seven hour per day.
- Personal Leave - Nonexempt and exempt benefit eligible staff employees accrue two days of personal leave per year. Faculty accrue 1½ days of personal leave for each full academic semester worked.
- Holidays - Nonexempt and exempt benefit eligible staff employees receive 12 state and national holidays each year. Holidays and vacation periods for Faculty members are determined by the Institution's academic calendar. Refer to the PACE web page for the staff Holiday Schedule.
- Refer to UVU policy 361 for additional leave information.
UVU Tuition and Fees -
- Benefit eligible employees - UVU resident tuition and student fees are waived for the employee.
- Spouse and dependents - Resident tuition only is waived for the spouse and dependent children (unmarried, under age 26) of benefit eligible employees.
- Refer to UVU policy 357 for additional tuition waiver information.
Employee Notices -