Utah Valley University faculty and staff need to know the federal, state and University workplace laws, regulations, and policies listed below. Annual Notices are those notices that include a requirement to provide the information to all faculty and staff on an annual basis. UVU satisfies that requirement by sending an electronic reminder to employees annually to visit this page and review this information. Notices Required to be posted are those which are posted in Human Resources and are available to all faculty, staff and applicants on this web page.
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule gives individuals a fundamental right to be informed of the privacy practices of their health plans and of most of their health care providers, as well as to be informed of their privacy rights with respect to their personal health information.
- The Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, sets forth requirements regarding the privacy of student records.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Notice provides basic information about the new Health Insurance Marketplace and employment-based health coverage offered by your employer.
- Employee Medical Plan Mental Health Notice - There is no change in the mental health or substance use disorder benefits under the University's plan for the 2014-2015 plan year.
- In compliance with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989, the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program web page provides information on UVU's drug and alcohol abuse program including a link to the University's policy and resource information for employees.
- Campus Security (Jeanne Clery Act) crime statistics information is required by the Clery Act. Select the Clery Act tab on University's police department web page.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (UVU Policy 165) provides information about nondiscrimination in employment.
- Sexual Harassment Policy (UVU Policy 155) guides the University in its commitment to create and maintain a community in which all can work in an atmosphere free of harassment, sexual or otherwise.
- The University's Grievance Policy (UVU Policy 156) outlines the process the University provides to employees to resolve their concerns when they feel their rights have been violated with respect to policies or that they have been treated unfairly or in a prejudicial manner.
- Conflict of Interest provides information regarding the obligations of employees under the Utah Public Officers and Employees Ethics Act and UVU policy pertaining to conflict of interest.
- The Ethics Point reporting system allows anyone to report issues or concerns that may involve accounting, auditing, internal control, or other issues in an anonymous and confidential manner.
- Emergency Procedures provides information and guidance to employees on how to respond to various emergency and disaster situations.
- The Workplace Violence Policy (UVU Policy 154) describes UVU's commitment to maintaining a safe work environment. Given the increasing level of violence in society, the institution has adopted guidelines to deal with intimidation, harassment, or other threats of or acts of violence.
- The Employment of Relatives (Nepotism) Policy (UVU Policy 304) outlines UVU's policy toward employment of relatives and to minimize the negative impact of productivity and job satisfaction created by nepotism or the perception of nepotism and to strengthen public confidence in the integrity of the institution.
- Employment Responsibilities and Standards (UVU Policy 322) provides information about responsibilities and standards for employees.
- The Code of Conduct reflects requirements of federal and state law, Board of Regents' policies, and university policies, procedures, and practices.
Notices Required to be Posted in HR and on the Web
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) (Español)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Minimum Wage
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (Español)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Workers' Compensation Insurance (Español)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Utah Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1984 (Español)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- E-Verify (Español)