Utah Valley University's Workforce by the Numbers:
Do you ever wonder about the significance of UVU's workforce? To answer that question,
Sources: 2014 UVU Human Resources data; State of Utah Workforce Services; Utah Valley
University Economic Impact, December 1, 2011
- Utah Valley University is Orem's largest employer, the 4th largest employer in Utah
County, and among the top 25 employers in the State of Utah.
- UVU's workforce of 4,594 employees includes 1,673 full-time and 2,921 part-time individuals.
- In November 2013, UVU employed 576 full-time faculty, 979 part-time faculty,1,063
full-time staff, 726 part-time staff, 34 administrators, and 1,158 students.
- More than 80% of Utah Valley University's $165 Million appropriated budget is spent
on salaries and benefits for employees.
- Indirectly, UVU supports an additional 6,399 jobs in its service region.