Position: Specialist - Teacher Education Preschool
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|16||2HC – Department not found||Part-time||G98561|
Manage all aspects of the daily operation of the Teacher Education Preschool. Maintain all paperwork needed for registration, daily operation, and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation. Interface with parents, children, head teachers, students, and director to insure clear communication and smooth operation of the Teacher Education Preschool.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Manages with minimum oversight, the daily operations of three preschool classrooms.
- Tracks inventory of materials and purchase needed supplies.
- Responsibility for registration and enrollment of 57 children.
- Track smonthly tuition payments for children.
- Maintain all family information records required for NAEYC accreditation.
- Maintain accurate records, including background checks and training on student teachers as required by NAEYC accreditation.
- Collect required data for classroom and program portfolios for NAEYC accreditation.
- Monitor and assure compliance to all public health codes related to child care.
- Oversee and track the use and storage of preschool equipment that is shared with Early Childhood Education Program courses and Elementary Physical Education and Dance courses.
- Copy and track multiple worksheets used for monitoring attendance, health codes, supplies, etc..
- Interact with parents as a representative of the Teacher Education Preschool.
- Interface with facilities to insure classrooms meet safety and health requirements.
- Plan appropriate child snacks, purchase appropriate amounts of food (paper and cleaning supplies), and monitor division of food between classrooms.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Must be able to be physically active and must be able to lift children up to 25 lbs.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a associate's degree and one year of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling three years.
- Experience in early child education programs.
- Experience interacting with children in a group educational setting.
- Ability to learn Power Point, scanning, downloading digital camera pictures, organization of computer files, and other evolving computer applications for educational uses.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with parents, children, students, and supervisors.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.