Oversees and Coordination of the complete campus activities and student governance program, including scheduling events and facilities, supervising student organizations and staff for UVUSA, UV Clubs, UVU Review, Wasatch Campus Activities, and the Spirit Squad. Provide the leadership and conceptual foundation necessary for a comprehensive leadership development and student governance program at UVU. Understands the value of student activities and of the motivations of students who participate, must have the ability to apply student development and learning outcomes theories. Must be able to sustain communication with diverse groups, anticipate problems, reconcile conflicts, and maintain a strong philosophical base for student activities.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|43||4DB – Department not found||Full-time||A98860|
- Responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive leadership development program for student leaders, advisor's, clubs and organizations and publication board members.
- Oversees for all activities sponsored by the Student Association to ensure compliance with University policies, risk management, legal codes affecting liability and regulations governing financial responsibility.
- Responsible for on-going development and management of Student Leadership and Activities staff to include supervision, training, professional development, hiring and termination decisions and facilitating staff concerns and disputes.
- Provides council to the UVUSA Executive Officers and other appointed student leaders in regards to the many issues and decisions made on behalf of the student body, as well as their work with other administrative councils.
- Administers, maintains and approves budgets for travel for full-time staff, student leaders, clubs, organizations and their advisor's, and spirit team.
- Assists with campus-wide events to ensure student involvement and participation.
- Administers, maintains and enforces departmental policies and procedures and the UVUSA student constitution.
- Assists the Sr. Director in establishing tuition waiver criteria and allocations.
- Administers all contracts made by the Student Association and advises the Student Activities Branch of UVUSA. Directly Oversee the Miss UVU Pageant and work with the Miss Utah Organization.
- Trains Student leaders on State and national laws and campus policies and procedures pertaining to Student Activities.
- Supervises 10-15 part-time student employees and volunteers each semester. Supervise the following positions; Coordinator, Student Media & Production, Coordinator, UV Clubs & National Student Exchange, Coordinator, Spirit Club, Coordinator, Student Life Wasatch Campus, and Student Activities Intern.
- Remains current on theory, practices, techniques, rules and regulations related to student leadership. Interpret, implement, and enforce regulations relating to each program sponsored by the Student Leadership and Activities office.
- Manages the coordination and development of new programs.
- Markets Student Leadership and Activities Programs through a variety of sources including: direct mail, posters, flyers newspaper advertisements, electronic communication and social networking sites.
- Coordinator, Student Media & Production. Coordinator, UV Clubs & National Student Exchange. Coordinator, Cheer and Dance. Coordinator, Student Life Wasatch. Student Activities Intern. Part-time student employees in the Student Leadership and Activities Office
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends. Must be available and willing to travel with students. Alternative shifts may be required during certain periods of the year.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masters degree in Education, Behavioral Science, Social Science, Counseling or Student Development or a degree closely related to the summary of duties; OR an Bachelors degree as described above and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling six years.
- Knowledge and understanding of the process of advising and supervising students.
- Knowledge and awareness of current trends, research and issues in the area of higher education, leadership development, student affairs and student activities.
- Knowledge and familiarity with student development, communication, and group dynamics principles.
- Knowledge of risk management and liability issues and management/supervision principles.
- Strong organizational skills, Written and oral communication skills, Problem solving skills,
- Budget management skills, Ability to work effectively in a team environment, Experience in event planning, program review and evaluation, Advising student governments, and Effectively supervising others.