Directs and administers the day to day operations of Student Life and Leadership. Manages personnel within the areas of Student Activities, Student Media, Outdoor Adventure Center, Intramurals, Clubs and Organizations, Volunteer and Service Learning, Rodeo, Cheer & Dance, Student Government, Student Involvement, Residential Engagement Coordinators and Student Life at Wasatch Campus. Directs the planning, developing, recommending, administering, and evaluation of budgets and billings for areas of responsibility. Directs the projects related to the student leadership and involvement campus wide. Collaborates with other campus entities to provide a comprehensive university experience and enhance student engagement with a variety of social and occupational experiences. Acts on behalf of and represents the Dean of Students in his/her absence.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|49||4DB – Department not found||Full-time||A99337|
- Oversees personnel, supervise, and evaluate employees.
- Selects potential candidates for employment using college personnel screening processes.
- Assigns responsibilities and duties to department personnel for development and implementation of assigned programs.
- Approves program changes, updates, and modifications in the scope and nature of programs and services.
- Assigns responsibility for implementing services, programs, and activities.
- Determines appropriate utilization of departmental space for professional offices and support staff.
- Collaborates with other college departments and groups to insure integration of established services with other programs.
- Designs and implements enhancements to assigned programs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and services using a variety of methods.
- Cultivates compatible, harmonious relationships among staff and with collaborating departments.
- Interviews professional staff to determine issues and concerns needing to be addressed.
- Evaluates program directors and coordinators and approves evaluations of all other employees of assigned programs.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs training for staff and group development.
- Analyzes final records, previous budgets, services, and programs to see financial status needs of assigned areas.
- Plans budget proposals based upon enrollment projections, fee allocations and anticipated level of departmental requests.
- Negotiates budget issues with department directors to determine utilization of resources.
- Determines allocation of funds to budget categories. Approves expenditures of programs, requisitions, and travel requests.
- Directs the creation and implementation of changes in computer system tasks for all assigned areas.
- Implements procedures to more effectively carry out the above tasks.
- Represents the Dean of Students and/or acts on his/her behalf in their absence.
- A98818 Coordinator - Finance and Operations, Grade 14, Nonexempt
- A98842 Assistant Director- Campus Recreation, Grade 37, Exempt
- A99253 Program Director- Students Involvement, Grade 42, Exempt
- A98579 Head Coach- Roedo, Grade 39 Exempt
- A99392 Director of Volunteer and Service Learning, Grade 35, Exempt
- A98860 Director- Student Activities, Grade , Exempt
- A98936 Program Director-New Student Orientation, Grade 38, Exempt
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in business or public administration and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; or a bachelor's degree and four years of experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling eight years.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations related to student admissions and international students.
- Human relations, supervisory, and decision making skills.
- Ability to give and receive oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment including computers and computer software related to admissions and records.
- Knowledge of budgetary record keeping and control.
- Ability to create, edit, and condense statistical reports, papers, communications, etc..
- Skill in methods of statistical research analysis, and presentations.