Oversees all financial and budgetary functions of Student Life including financial interface with all student life, student involvement, clubs and organizations academic and other extra-curricular programs. Oversees the administrative functions of the Associate Dean’s office. Manages the tracking and reporting of student involvement and involvement opportunities and activities to facilitate long-term planning of programs and priorities for student life that will attract and provide a wide variety of opportunities for student engagement.
Position: Coordinator - Finance & Operations Student Life
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|14||4DB – Department not found||Full-time||A98818|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Oversees all financial and budgetary functions of Student Life including financial interface with all related programs.
- Assists the Associate Dean in planning, developing and implementing financial policies and procedures for Student Life.
- Directly manages the spending/budgeting of state appropriated funds, soft funds, and student fees within the Associate Dean’s office and oversees the state appropriated funds, soft funds, student fees, grants, private donations and other monies received by Student Life.
- Analyzes department/program expenditures to determine trends and fiscal responsibility; recommended solutions to the Associate Dean.
- Aalyzes budget reports and other fiscal data for the Associate Dean.
- Supervises and trains all support staff within Student Life departments who have direct or indirect financial responsibilities.
- Interprets budget reports and other fiscal data to recommend reallocation of funds for financial solvency.
- Reports on such issues to the Associate Dean and handles questions regarding budget balances, proper expenditure of funds, travel expenses, budget transfers, etc.
- Monitors expenditures within Student Life for compliance with all budgetary policies.
- Advises the Associate Dean on position vacancies, job postings and hiring of positions within unit. Works with directors, club advisors and administrative support staff to maintain balanced budgets.
- Advises and assists Associate Dean in approving purchases.
- Coordinates all interactions and requests from internal auditor.
- Assists Associate Dean in PBA planning, and preparation funding requests. Arranges, coordinates and monitors all procurement card audits.
- Maintains files and works with auditors to implement all changes, closed card audits, and regular monitoring of procurement card usage.
- Analyzes, interprets and predicts impact of specific events and programs, participation trends, growth or decrease, changes in budgets and other changes that affect Student Life and the university.
- Coordinates Student Life compensation and scheduling for all Student Life units.
- Assists the Associate Dean in tracking and addressing event and program scheduling issues, particularly as they budgets.
- Assists academic departments and Student Life units in preparing hourly staff job descriptions and reports to assure compliance with policy/procedure.
- Assists unit directors on faculty workload polices and makes adjustments when needed.
- Facilitates approval of PAF’s for employee salaries and wages confirming position number, rates of pay, hours and other issues as necessary.
- Coordinates data collection for and drafting of accreditation reports.
- Coordinates the administrative functions of the Associate Dean’s office.
- Assists the Associate Dean with day-to-day activities: correspondence, writing/preparing reports, preparing presentations, maintaining personnel and financial files. Works with units in developing new hire paperwork and postings, maintaining EEO and AA training.
- Assists with projects and serve on committees within the institution as assigned.
- Advises unit directors, and staff with questions and problems.
- Trains and assists in performance appraisals of unit administrative assistants.
- Maintains confidential files and necessary data for Student Life units.
- Cultivates positive relationships with students, staff, state, and national offices and agencies and private donors and businesses.
- Assists with various Student Life activities and meetings as assigned.
- Provides and designs marketing and promotional materials to be used in PowerPoint presentations, mailings, etc. Assists the Associate Dean with coordination with facilities for building upkeep/remodeling, furniture, communication needs, project assistance. Helps resolve student and staff problems directing them to proper channels and/or inform them of Student Life/University policies. Acts as liaison for the Associate Dean as necessary to University administration, staff, students, alumni and public regarding inquiries or complaints.
- Part-time hourly employees.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree and 1 year related experience; OR a combination of education and experience totaling 5 years of pertinent experience related to essential duties.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to be a self-starting person with a proactive approach to the job demonstrating strong management and leadership skills.
- Must show evidence of strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to represent the Associate Dean and the interests of the institution.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be genuine, personable and approachable with unquestioned integrity and honesty.
- Records maintenance skills. Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Skill in examining, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.