Assist in the coordination, development, & administration of effective, efficient & quality Intramural Sports for campus wide student body. Assist in the training, supervising, and evaluation of student employees & activities. Ensure the keeping of accurate records including insurance coverage and liability waivers for student participants. Assist in the process of reviewing, evaluating, and the Intramural budget.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|05||4DB – Department not found||Part-time||S00068|
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation a variety of quality intramural sports activities for the student body each semester.
- Assists in the supervision of part-time workers in regards to industry trends, program development, operations, events, campus and NIRSA policies, etc.
- Assists in the training of employees on campus policies and procedures pertaining to Intramural activities.
- Assists in the development of new programs as more facilities and resources become available.
- Assists in the marketing of intramural programs through a variety of sources including: direct mail, posters, flyers newspaper advertisements, electronic communication and social networking sites.
- Employees should be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Work evenings and weekends. Alternative shifts may be required during certain periods of the year.
- Works in extreme conditions of heat and cold during summer and winter months is a must.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a associate’s Degree in Recreation and Leisure Management, Sports Management, Physical Education, Health, Business Management, Psychology or a degree closely related to the summary of duties OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years.
- Knowledge of sports and recreation program management theories, practices, procedures, and techniques, including college-level intra/extramural sports program management.
- Knowledge of laws and issues dealing with recreational athletics.
- Knowledge of liability insurance and ability to oversee monitoring of participant insurance coverage requirements and liability waivers.
- Skills in development and coordination of intra/extramural sports programs, including policy/procedure development
- Skills in financial management, including the ability to develop and monitor budgets for each activity.
- Ability to develop resources on and off campus in support of programs.
- Supervisory skills. Ability to train employees, club advisors/leaders and students in operation of programs; and ability to market intramural sports programs.
- Knowledge and computer skills in word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets and other basic functions (email, internet, etc…).
- Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax machine, etc..)