Provides accounting support to the Payroll Office. The primary duties include preparing and processing payroll, preparing payroll statements and other reports, including W2s; establishing, reconciling, and correcting employee payroll information; providing department heads, deans, or directors with all requested payroll information.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|31||3BB – Department not found||Full-time||S00081|
- Prepares and processes semi-monthly payroll.
- Creates accurate payroll/management reports for university department as needed.
- Reviews and corrects department entered payroll information.
- Processes and enters new hire paperwork, including corrections and changes to employee payroll information.
- Reconciles payroll information to the human resources system.
- Processes payroll redistributions and other journal entries as needed.
- Accountable for accurate, timely reporting.
- Responsible for processing and reviewing donations, stipends, and other employee withholdings.
- Assists with W2 and other payroll form preparation and distribution.
- Provides payroll training to department payroll coordinators.
- Monitors and updates payroll website and other duties as described.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in business, accounting, or finance; or a bachelor’s degree in one of the stated majors with two years of experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and experience totaling six years related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, internal controls, federal tax regulations, fund accounting, and office methods.
- Skill in data processing and knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, accounting software, graphics presentation, and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to review, analyze, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Effective problem solving, decision-making, human relations skills.
- Skill in supervising and training others.