Position: Assistant Video Production
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|12||5EB – Department not found||Part-time||G48171|
Under the supervision of the Director - Studios/Broadcast Services, the Video Production Assistant will: work closely with clients and supervisors to create video and audio content for campus use; independently make decisions on solo camera shoots and collaborate with colleagues on larger productions.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Edit basic audio and video projects.
- Operate video tape recorders, cameras ,and basic audio equipment.
- Assist in cable and equipment installation.
- Maintain equipment inventory and status.
- Assist in set up and strike of film sets and equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
High school diploma and one year of related experience.
- Experience with editing software, especially Final Cut Pro.
- Experience with camera operation, framing, and movement.
- Experience with microphones and basic audio mixing.
- Experience with lighting and grip equipment and use.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.