Under the direction of the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Business System Analyst - Financial Aid will: provide expert knowledge and assistance with Banner forms, reporting, automation, processes, and system usage to Financial Aid and Scholarships; support end-users on technical and functional issues; test systems prior to upgrade or new implementation; act as a liaison between functional and technical organizations on campus in a way that fosters communication and project success; work independently and apply a high degree of ingenuity in solving data-related issues that will impact faculty, staff, students and other campus departments; develop and prepare ongoing, periodic, automatic, and adhoc reports, queries, statistics, and summaries; balance multiple requests for service from multiple areas (management, operations, counseling, work study, aviation, athletics, finance, institutional research, informational technology, etc.) which are frequently subject to conflicting and pressing deadlines.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|41||4BC – Department not found||Full-time||A98544|
- Manage multiple electronic data processes including Data load, job submissions, population selections, student email correspondence, and data exchanges with the DOE.
- Manage electronic data in multiple Financial Aid systems in an accurate, organized, concise, and accessible way.
- Develop queries and reports for authorized personnel through SQL, Crystal, TOAD, and other data extraction tools.
- Develop, test, and implement new or modified systems to meet changing FA requirements.
- Administer, develop, and monitor security for Banner Financial Aid. Acts as Data Point Administrator for all third party Financial Aid and Scholarship systems.
- Monitor information needs and design new or modify existing systems to meet changing requirements.
- Administer system upgrades including testing, research, and background for staff training.
- Diagnose difficulties with data extraction, manipulation, and develop/recommend solutions.
- Serve as a liaison with IT staff and other system representatives in resolving system related problems.
- Manage new year system roll, updating all Banner tables, processes, reports, and self-service.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor degree in a related field and 1-3 years of directly related experience; OR an associate degree and 3-5 years of directly related experience; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of experience totaling at least 5 years.Knowledge of financial aid programs, processes, and systems including EDE, COD, SAIG, and UHEAA ONELink.
- Knowledge (one year) of using SunGard/SCT Banner.
- Knowledge of other relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server or MS Access.
- Ability to use SQL and PL/SQL effectively within an Oracle environment.
- Knowledge and experience with programming languages, SCT Web Tailor, SCT Work flow.
- Skill in web page design and development. High technical aptitude; ability to research technical issues independently, learn quickly and pay attention to detail.
- Skill in using Crystal Reports, Job Submission, Business Objects Server and other report development and delivery tools.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, power point, INTERNET tools, email systems, and other general computer skills.
- Ability to effectively provide expert knowledge, advise, training and expertise to administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Skill in problem solving, technical troubleshooting, decision-making, and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills and highly motivated.
- Effective communication skills, professionalism and ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to all federal and state regulations (i.e. FERPA, GRAMA, etc.).
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.