The Accountant provides accounting support to the department. The primary duties include preparing financial statements and other reports; establishing and reconciling budgets; managing business and financial affairs; directing and monitoring human resource paperwork; advising department heads, deans, or directors regarding all financial matters.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|38||000 – AAA - Generic||none||S00026|
- Interprets policy and advises department head regarding all financial matters.
- Creates accurate financial/management reports for assigned department as needed.
- Prepares and monitors department budgets.
- Coordinators with the business office and the external auditors during annual audits as required.
- Develops written procedures for the department to ensure proper internal controls will be followed.
- Reconciles/records transaction reports and prepares schedules of transactions.
- Prepares journal entries & other related documents.
- May manage inventory ensuring controls, safeguarding of assets, and accurate recording of inventory adjustments.
- Accountable for accurate, timely reporting.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in business, accounting, or finance; or a bachelor’s degree in one of the stated majors with two years of experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and experience totaling six years related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, internal controls, federal tax regulations, fund accounting, and office methods.
- Skill in data processing and knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, accounting software, graphics presentation, and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to review, analyzes, and prepares accurate financial reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Effective problem solving, decision-making, human relations skills.
- Skill in supervising and training others.