Position: Specialist - Data Entry Institutional Advancement
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|7||5AA – Department not found||Full-time||S00079|
Perform data entry tasks including entering donations, gifts, sponsorships, updating records and tracking events on the Blackboard Alumni/Donor data base system. Perform receptionist duties including answering phones, greeting guests, and routing messages. Perform research on constituent data using web based and other on line tools. Perform secretarial duties including filing, preparing spreadsheets, memos, letters, running errands, and performing other projects and duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Inputs donations, gifts, sponsorships, pledges, pledge payments, vi/write-offs, and other gift related input into Blackboard data base.
- Inputs updated constituent data into Blackboard.
- Answers phones, greets guests, and routes messages in Institutional Advancement.
- Performs research on constituents on the Banner Legacy system and using online web based research tools.
- Creates spreadsheets, reports, memos, and letters using Excel, Word, and other computer software.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from a standard senior high school , or the equivalent, and any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling one and one half years.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy; data input and 10 key.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prefer some data base experience (i.e. Access).
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.