Under direction of the Dean of School of Business, the Assistant Dean - Advancement will: represent the School of Business to external parties including business leaders, government leaders, and philanthropists; represent the dean at various functions within the college and in the community; build excellent public relations with local, regional, national, and international businesses and other appropriate organizations; be an integral member of the leadership of the school contributing input on strategic directions of the school; create a development plan to fund school initiatives and work with the dean to establish appropriate development priorities; work directly with the Office of Institutional Advancement to coordinate fund raising activities across campus.
Position: Assistant Dean - Advancement
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|45||2FA – Department not found||Full-time||A98574|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Develop a base of support for the School of Business with business leaders locally and throughout the state.
- Make appropriate introductions of supporters to the dean, faculty, and other administrators of the college.
- Is involved in appropriate community and professional organizations that will bring positive attention to the school.
- Prepare a development plan for the School of Business for both annual giving and major gifts and obtain approval of the dean.
- Successfully carry out the approved development plan by working collaboratively with development officers across campus to achieve the goals of the school and of the university.
- Maintain excellent records, per college standards, on donor prospects, including pertinent information on individuals, businesses, and interest in and ability to support the school's initiatives and programs.
- Represent the Dean internally as assigned and at various community events and functions.
- Provide support to the School of Business National Advisory Council.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to freely navigate the entire Orem campus, visits other campus locations, and attends local and national meetings.
- Must have personal transportation.
- Travel with the dean to represent the school at various functions around the country.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in a business related discipline or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to work with business and community leaders.
- Must be personable, work well with others and demonstrate a team player mentality.
- Must have ability to cultivate excellent donor relations with potential donors, especially prospects for major gifts.
- Ability to organize and carry out major fund raising projects.
- Demonstrate ability to represent the dean and the interests of the school.
- Successful experience in development activities, gift planning strategies, financial and estate planning, tax law, and real estate.
- Knowledge of university operations, governance, and culture.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.