Position: Manager - Public Relations
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|39||3GA – Department not found||Full-time||A98013|
Under direction of the Sr Director - MEP, the Manager - Public Relations will: promote "Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) of Utah" on a Federal and Statewide level; create, implement, and oversee communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products including graphics, brochures, company or product fact sheets, logos, exhibit trade show booths, and other promotional products; manage the research and development of content for publication of products; oversee the preparation of presentation and/or speeches geared toward state partners.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Manage and collect data for Annual Report.
- Oversee annual MEP Utah statewide Manufacturer of the Year Awards recognition ceremonies.
- Manage participation in state business conferences including the U of U Edison Showcase and Rural Business Development Conferences throughout the state.
- Manage relationship with MEP Utah and University partners including state chambers, industry consultants, Utah Manufacturers Association, Rocky Mountain Testing Solutions , and Governor's Office of Economic Development.
- Manage local advertising strategies.
- Manage department personnel and department budget for MEP Utah.
- Promote MEP Utah to state legislators and other state, county and local officials.
- Responsible for University outreach programs including Manufacturing Leadership Forum (MLF), Internships, and Capstone Projects.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and/or at least seven years experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of a variety of manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations and rules.
- Knowledge or extensive experience and judgment with planning and accomplishing goals.
- Knowledge in Power Point and presentation skills.
- Skills in collecting and analyzing data.
- Skills in creativity and advertising.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
- Ability to deal with diverse personalities in a high-stress environment .
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.