Under the supervision of the Web Resource Services Director, oversee and evaluate the development of graphics, design, and multimedia used on the Web; manage and interpret needs and solutions for graphics, design and multimedia production; implement graphics, design, and multimedia solutions. Manage design consistency throughout the web site. Coordinate and collaborate print design into web and vice versa.
Position: Web Graphic Designer - College Marketing and Communications
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|35||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A97867|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Ensures public website and pages within are aesthetically appealing, yet fully functional.
- Conveys brand and messages clearly, efficiently and effectively for all audiences.
- Assists departments in designing and producing key public-facing department pages.
- Works with departments to develop web page layouts, themes, and materials used within for their segments of the site.
- Works with Web Resource Director to assess Web form, function, and usability on all public-facing sections of the site.
- Provides graphic design support to Web content contributors throughout campus.
- Ensures graphics, images or other visual elements used on the Web are optimized for that platform.
- Designs or creates graphics, images or other visual elements to meet specific promotional needs.
- Works with Integrated Marketing to ensure Web style and design coincides with all other marketing and promotion pieces in other formats.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree and one year of experience; or any combination of education/experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years.
- Knowledge of Web design skills in typography, color, layout, graphics, and user interfacing.
- Analysis skills in cross-browser design, usability testing, and information architecture Strong experience with image and graphics software such as, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, and preferably experience with Flash.
- Thorough knowledge of XHMTL hand coding and standards including CSS and JS.
- Marketing and Management Skills including content management system experience, experience translating business requirements, and writing for the web.
- Strong communication skills, be detail oriented, and self-motivated.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.