|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|38||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A98935|
- Works with CMC staff to ensure integrated marketing strategies are implemented for advertising, broadcast, publications, events, and media relations.
- Consults with departments and committees on marketing strategy ideas to help develop individualized marketing plans.
- Organizes and chair campus marketing/branding committee, "Meeting of the Marketing Minds," to facilitate campus-wide, interdepartmental coordination of University branding efforts.
- Serves as a key member of enrollment marketing, retention marketing committees.
- Develops print/outdoor/Web advertisements to target various University audiences.
- Designs ads for visual media; work with designers when necessary.
- Makes media buys, work with sales reps to schedule; work with designers to develop, refine and place final product.
- Develops concepts and write copy for radio and television advertising, work with studio to produce ads.
- Researches effective media outlets to determine the best avenues to deliver college messages to targeted audiences.
- Coordinates collection of final camera-ready ads from paying advertisers and create original ad materials for paying clients on and off campus for UVU Sequel Magazine.
- Implements branding initiatives via the university's Website by counseling and coordinating with Web Resource Services.
- Assists in enforcing campus graphics standards by helping departments understand and use the Campus Style Guide.
- Coordinates with campus bookstore and athletics to develop and promote proper use of UVU symbols on and off campus.
- Coordinates and facilitates focus groups and face-to-face questionnaires to collect feedback from key audiences, evaluate the University's brand equity and facilitate appropriate brand management.
- Develops surveys to collect feedback from key audiences, evaluate the university's brand equity and facilitate appropriate brand management.
- Tracks branding efforts/effectiveness of other comparable institutions to get new ideas
- Explores means of reaching specific underrepresented/untapped markets
- Researches nontraditional advertising media such as pod casts, blogs, mobile advertising, text messaging/email, rss feeds, event marketing, etc.
- Writes, develops and edits presentations for UVU Sequel magazine, PageOne newsletter's, contents for Web pages under CMC, Power Point, and Keynotes
- Provides creative services for CMC & other department projects, such as concept development, copy-writing, tag-lines, slogans, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or Multimedia and two years experience related to the essentials duties; or an associates degree and four years of experience; or any combination of education and/or experience related to the essential duties totaling six years.
- Knowledge and experience with multimedia, advertising, marketing tactics, script writing, and journalistic writing.
- Ability to use desktop publishing to produce many kinds of communication tools.
- Ability to create presentations.
- Writing and proofreading skills.
- Creative ability to design communication tools to represent university.