Position: Assistant Director - Creative Services
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|40||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A99281|
Under the direction of the Director of Creative Services, artistically direct designers, photographers and illustrators in the development of projects for the marketing and branding effort of UVU. Design and create printed materials for UVU's administration, individual departments and programs, enhancing the University's image/reputation, and assist in the education of UVU's visual identity. Oversee archiving process for campus photography, design, illustration and publications products. Serve as assistant art director for Sequel Magazine. Serve as assistant art director to Creative Services department.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Manages photo shoots/graphics/layouts/art production for University Marketing projects, maintaining consistent/unified UVU look.
- Coordinates and executes projects from conceptualization to completion with Creative Services personnel involved in creative process/services under the direction of Creative Services Director.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and external graphic designers, press operators, photographers, illustrators, etc..
- Designs creative projects using Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Supervises staff: designers/photographers/illustrators and check work for quality and use of correct procedures.
- Coordinates schedules for part-time illustrators, photographers, and design interns, and enforce deadlines.
- Under the direction of DCS, assists with the recruiting, training, and supervising of part-time student employees and interns.
- Manages quality control including press checks and digital proofing.
- Serves as assistant art director for Sequel Magazine.
- Designs creative, high-quality marketing publications & collateral to enhance the University's image & reputation
- Assists in development/modification/education of UVU's visual identity & graphic standards effort.
- Art direct the Page One college newsletter.
- Direct photo archiving process with File Maker Pro archiving system to ensure easy, shared access to various campus entities.
- Coordinates effective use of server and archiving software.
- Directs internal process for archiving design, illustration publications, and photography.
- Manages efficiency in archiving process and updates to photo server.
- Collaborates with campus designers/photographers/dept's/other entities to ensure easy access to photo servers.
- Manages quality control of photo server including timely updates.
- Supervises Creative Services project portfolio and ensure continuous updates.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in graphic design and two to three years of experience related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge of university and college design.
- Demonstrated ability to create brand-unified, high-quality print materials.
- Proven skills in creativity, communication, and project management.
- Knowledge of current design and print production hardware and software, including a strong working knowledge of desktop publishing, illustration, and digital photography programs (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task, enforce production schedules, focus on priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and communicate effectively.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work accurately and independently, and as a team member.
- Demonstrated skills in photography and typography.
- Ability to manage a team of designers.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.