The Accountant provides accounting support to the department. The primary duties include preparing financial statements and other reports; establishing and reconciling budgets; managing business and financial affairs; directing and monitoring human resource paperwork; advising department heads, deans, or directors regarding all financial matters.
Position: Accountant - Development
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|6AA – Department not found||none|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Create accurate financial/management reports for assigned department as needed. 20%
- Prepare and monitor department budgets. 15%
- Coordinator with the business office and the external auditors during annual audits as required. 5%
- Reconcile/record transaction reports and prepares schedules of transactions. 20%
- Prepare journal entries and other related documents.15%
- Monitor University and Foundation Investments and prepares reports. 15%
- Perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Sitting; particularly for extending periods of time.
- Fine Hand Manipulation; fingering, picking pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand a in a handle.
- Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports.
- Vision ability; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel; requires a current Driver’s Licenses.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and two (2) years of experience related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, internal controls, federal tax regulations, fund accounting, and office methods.
- Skill in data processing and knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, accounting software, graphics presentation, and Windows operating systems.
- Skill in supervising and training others.
- Effective problem solving, decision-making, human relations skills.
- Ability to review, analyzes, and prepares accurate financial reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.