Under the supervision of the Manager of Testing Services, the Testing Services Supervisor is responsible for the area assigned to ensure the testing process and employees are following the established procedures and protocols with accuracy and efficiency. This position requires a high level of integrity to ensure test security is met throughout the testing process. UVU students are not allowed to apply for this position given the potential conflict of interest with access to testing keys.
Position: Supervisor - Testing Center
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||4CI – Department not found||Full-time|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in Testing Services. Ensures dress code is followed, work stations are covered, work flow is fair and efficient, client needs are being met, and employees are trained and have everything needed to accomplish their work tasks. 30%
- Plans, prepares, and devises work schedules according to workloads. Plans and develops improved procedures with advisement from the management. Process exams for administration in the Testing Center with strict time constraints. Complete all paperwork thoroughly and efficiently. 15%
- Observes and evaluates employee performance and trains employees, issues instructions, and assigns duties to employees. Assists in the hiring and discharge of employees. 20%
- Reviews and checks work of subordinates to ensure accuracy and content, while also correcting errors. 15%
- Prepares, maintains, and submits reports regarding personnel and operational issues to superiors. Communicates with management to resolve problems and expedite work flows. 10%
- Resolves complaints and answers questions of customers regarding services and procedures as well as escalates issues in a timely fashion. Perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
- Part-time and student workers
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree OR any combination of education and experience totaling 4 years.
- Knowledge: supervising employees in a collegiate testing center. Understanding of testing protocol such as test security, check in/out procedures, record management, computer-based testing, paper/pencil testing, and proctoring.
- Knowledge and proficiency of computer software typically used in an office setting.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, keyboarding skills, good numeracy skills, and proficient usage of email and the internet.
- Skill in office methods, techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to tactfully enforce policies when clients are upset.
- Ability to meet and deal with a variety of people, to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under time constraints to meet client and department deadlines.
- Skill in delivering constructive criticism to employees.
- Ability to meet and deal with a variety of people.
- Ability to coordinate and assist in the preparation of reports for management.
- Ability to recognize reoccurring problems and develop solutions to improve process and employee work flow.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.