Under the direction of the Associate AD/External Operations the Director of Wolverine Club cultivates and solicits philanthropic/business related gifts both large and small, manages all functions of the Wolverine Club/Board and other fundraising events such as: golf tournaments, auctions, lunches, dinners, hall of fame, awards show and other events as assigned. Works with the Associate AD/External Operations to develop and implement a comprehensive annual fund development program for UVU Athletics which is consistent with college-wide development activities. The Director of the Wolverine Club/Special Events will successfully secure philanthropic and corporate related gifts and contracts that will increase revenue into the athletic department. Manage the Wolverine Den Athletic retail stores. Oversee the entire athletic department ticketing operation Upholds and abides by all NCAA regulations and UVU institutional policies and procedures.
Position: Director - Wolverine Club & Special Events
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|40||4GA – Department not found||Full-time||A98039|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Enhance Community Relations: Promote community involvement and develop financial support for UVU Athletics. 10%
- Funds for UVU Athletics: Assist the Associate AD/External Operation in directing annual fund raising campaigns. 10%
- Wolverine Club/Varsity Club/Kids Club/Athletic Alumni Events: Coordinate and oversee all events: Interact with MAWL, Boosters, Donors, Potential Donors and Wolverine Club members at all live Athletic events: Help create and execute annual fund raising programs each year with all Athletic Teams: Coordinate, develop and monitor venue for Student Athletes to contribute to Wolverine Club: Ensure each team meets their philanthropic goals and help create and execute events. 50%
- Coordinate, Develop and Monitor: Annual fund raising programs each year with all Athletic Teams to meet goals set by the Associate AD/External Operations: Venue for Student Athletes to contribute to Wolverine Club: Make sure each team meets their philanthropic goals and help create and execute events. 10%
- Ticketing: Research and analyzes new and innovative methods for generating sales revenue. Achieves or exceed sales goals while delivering high-level customer service: Build relationships with outside (non-campus affiliated) companies and organizations. Also works closely with internal units, such as Ticket Operations and Development to achieve sales and prospecting goals: Provide detailed information to prospective clients about the organization's products and services, pricing options, promotional opportunities, and other aspects of the products/services: Oversee the entire athletic department ticketing operation including but not limited to: NCAA compliance, game day ticketing, donor ticketing and specialty ticketing. 10%
- Wolverine Den Store Management: Train and schedule store employees: Develop and implement all policies and procedures: Ensure interior and exterior of Wolverine Den is maintained to standard: Management of all Wolverine Den operations during all applicable UVU games: Track, organize and prioritize all inventories: Responsible for sales and “bottom-line” profits of the Wolverine Den Store: Perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
- Full-time, part-time, student employees
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Reaching; extending hand(s) and arm(s) overhead, lower or horizontally of the body.
- Sitting; particularly for extending periods of time. •Walking; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Excludes walking to/from work area or cafeteria, etc.
- Lifting; raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position greater than 25 pounds.
- Vision ability; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel; requires a current Driver’s Licenses.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience OR any combination of education and experience totaling six years.
- Knowledge of technical writing.
- Knowledge of general marketing practices.
- Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management.
- Skill in computer and computer applications.
- Skill developing fundraising, advertising, marketing promotions, and strategic planning.
- Ability to plan, organize and problem solve.
- Ability to generate and maintain positive working relationships with the public.
- Ability to plan budget, set financial policies and develop contractual agreements.
- Ability to work with people in public relations settings.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.