Provides direction and develops website user experience strategies, including information design and content strategy and leads website usability. Distills research and analytic findings, explains their strategic/tactical marketing implications and how they can be used to create effective and efficient interactive marketing strategies, and reports website performance analytics.
Position: Assistant Director Strategic Web Marketing
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|42||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A97406|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Writes, edits, and consults on the university’s web content. Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; affects changes required for improvement. Works with customers to understand their goals and helps define strategy, content and features for design of their website. Analyzes audiences and their information and functional needs, and defines site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site. 30%
- Manages the university’s web strategy and search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. Responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives to optimizate strategy. Works with customers to understand their goals and helps define strategy, content and features for design of their website. Oversees the accountabilities under the Communications Specialist, a direct report, including gatekeeping the master calendar and other internal communication mechanisms.20%
- Manages the university’s social media channels and strategy from an institutional perspective. 20%
- Provides and utilizes analytics review data and other research means. 10%
- Writes/edits for other non-Web projects and perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
- Manages the Communications Specialist and is ultimately accountable for all the responsibilities under that position.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree and three years of experience related to the summary of duties.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing concepts, including Web communication, Web analytics and search engine optimization.
- Ability to think strategically about the use of digital methods and tools in connection with a broader integrated marketing plan.
- Ability to coordinate and execute content aspects of a Web page, from conception (wireframing) to delivery (populating with written and multimedia content).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatile writer, with a preference for excellent writing skills for digital platforms.
- Excellent presentation skills.·Excellent rapport-building skills.
- Ability to lead people and manage projects and resources.
- Ability to lead collaborative projects across departments and divisions.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.