Receive, track, and approve release of financial aid funds to both Local and Global Aviation students. Offer specialized assistance in areas of Parent Plus loans and Alternative loans. Monitor student eligibility for loan funds and coordinate return of funds to lender if student is found ineligible. Verify that all supporting documentation is in order for auditing purposes.
Position: Technician Cash Operations Reconciliation
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|7||000 – AAA - Generic||Part-time||G98718|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Act as liaison between Aviation and Business Services in coordinating payment of tuition and fees with loan funds.
- Provide reports to Aviation Department as needed. Provide assistance to the Student Accounts Supervisor in processing departmental waivers and late fee petitions.
- Perform daily account reconciliations.
- Perform customer problem resolution.
- Work with Bursar, cashiers, financial aid, scholarships, international studies, registrars, collections, and other college departments in resolving problems related to student accounts.
- Coordinate with Cash Operations to ensure cashier coverage at all times.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with an Associate's degree AND one year of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling three years.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures with ability to analyze and reconcile accounts.
- Knowledge of monies control and security.
- Knowledge of business English (spelling, punctuation and vocabulary).
- Knowledge of Federal Aid regulations.
- Skill in the use of computer and computer software applications.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with students, public, and departments.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.