Under the direction of the University’s Director of Creative Services, reinforces the UVU brand by creating original designs for the University’s web site and other interactive media. Leads and manages a multi–functional design team in the conception, design and execution of visual materials for integrated, cross–channel initiatives.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|42||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A98160|
- Create original design for web, interactive and other media for university administration, departments, and programs using Web-based interactive technologies and design applications; creating presentations and project plans, meeting with clients, and ensuring successful representation of the university’s brand in the online sphere, including sophisticated web design, user interface design and interaction design. Design Internet and intranet pages that accurately reflect the university's identity and help to achieve the university’s goals and objectives. Create the concepts, artwork and layout for sites and other online projects based on creative briefs and client meetings. (60%)
- Collaborate front-end web development with Web Development Services department; conversant in web technology standards such as publishing platforms, blog platforms (Wordpress), CMS, HTML, and CSS, with an understanding of web design issues, including cross–platform compatibility, scalability, usability, analytics and accessibility. (25%)
- Supervise, direct, and motivate direct reports/team members. Perform other job related duties as assigned (15%)
- Web Graphic Designers
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor Degree in Graphic Arts, Digital Media or related field and three year of relevant professional experience related to summary of duties OR any combination of a minimum of an associate degree and work experience totaling 7 years.
- Knowledge of the web design creative process.
- Knowledge of design software such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and other WYSIWYG & text editors.
- Knowledge of 3D, After Effects or video editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of web technology standards and web design issues including; platform compatibility, scalability, usability, analytics and accessibility.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design and web technologies, responsive design and mobile design.
- Knowledge of branding and understanding of the University’s goals and initiatives and working in a higher education setting.
- Excellent communication, creativity and design skills.
- Excellent rapport-building and customer service skills.
- Proficient in working with design software.
- Working within a team, motivated and diplomatic.
- Ability to lead people and manage projects and resources.
- Ability to lead collaborative projects across departments and divisions; excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of PHP, XML and JSP.
- Ability to create original designs for web and interactive platforms.
- Ability to translate objectives into interactive creative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.