Under general supervision the Writer Editor shall: write, edit and format for diverse audiences, as well as, a variety of markets and public relations purposes including campaign materials, collateral, brochures, press/media releases, video scripts, web pages and editorial magazines; edit copies for accuracy, clarity, consistency, grammar, punctuation, style and other considerations; contribute to strategic discussions promoting institutional brand and image.
Position: Writer Editor - Univeristy Marketing
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|37||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A97409|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Writes original content for a variety of audiences, formats and media. 40%
- Edits copy for accuracy, clarity, consistency, grammar, punctuation, style and other considerations. 40%
- Contributes to strategic discussions about promoting institutional brand and image. 10%
- Builds rapport with university and non-university constituents. Perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
- Full-time and pasrt-time staff
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Travels in state
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, and Marketing or a related field and 2years of experience in a relevant capacity.
- Strong knowledge of best practices and nuances in writing for various audiences and platforms.
- Knowledge of marketing production processes.
- Knowledge of higher education dynamic a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatile writer, with proficiency in writing for various audiences and platforms.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent rapport-building skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to think strategically about the use of written communication to facilitate broader integrated marketing and public relations plans.
- Ability to manage all aspect of copyediting process to ensure production of sterling written communication.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key constituents.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.