Under the direction of the UVU School, College & University Partnership Director, assists in coordination of Utah County Educational Partnership & Tutoring program.
Position: Advisor Generalist - SCUP
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||4BN – Department not found||Part-time||G99369|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Responds to students inquiries by telephone, walk-in, or email regarding private tutoring services; schedules and conducts intake meeting with students and parent/guardian to establish mentor tutoring services.
- Generates student personal file information, service contracts, and student educational goals and objectives.
- Informs individual clientele regarding mentor tutoring services and meaningful educational plans.
- Coordinate tutor assignments and tutor/student schedules.
- Follow-up with students to ensure tutoring is taking place and documenting in the students file.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Travel to various schools throughout Utah County.
- Valid Drivers Licenses
- Ability to pass State Drivers test.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree; OR an associate’s degree and 2 years of experience related to the summary of duties.
- Skill and ability in tracking progress of programs developed.
- Ability to interview, and train new employees.
- Skill in public relations, interpersonal problem solving, decision making and entrepreneurial abilities.
- Knowledge, skill and ability with computers, including Windows, Word Perfect, Presentations, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing (including spelling and punctuation.)
- Ability to develop and deliver departmental presentations.
- Skill in tracking and recording.
- Skill and ability in preparing reports.
- Knowledge of methods and activities relevant to education programs.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.