Under the direction of the Associate Vice President – Engaged Learning, the Senior Director for Community & Continuing Education (CCE) will 1) oversee non-credit curriculum development and instruction; 2) manage professional and workforce development programs; 3) supervise facilities and financial management; 4) effectively implement administrative decisions, state regulations and UVU policies; 5) serve as liaison with outside agencies in the community and UVU; 6) work to achieve University goals regarding community engagement through the development of new programs and opportunities; 7) lead staff to achieve departmental and University goals.
Position: Senior Director - CCE
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|50||2CE – Department not found||Full-time||A98072|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Oversee leadership in the core values of respect, integrity, collaboration, and excellence within the division as well as provide direction regarding strategic planning, program mission, vision, values, and market niche for & Community & Continuing Education. Stay abreast of all current community events as well as continue to learn the skills necessary for effective academic management and leadership. Provide effective communication between the administration, CCE management and program directors to insure the integrity of the educational programs. Pursue appropriate grant opportunities for CCE programs and facilities. Supervise program review and other certification/accreditation reviews. 30%
- Oversee supervisory staff within the division; make recommendations for retention, promotion, and provide support for staff development activities. Support CCE staff and instructor development, especially as related to curricular improvement in Community & Continuing Supervise and evaluate instruction of all programs and courses within the division, as well as conduct regular meetings; provide support for departmental accreditation reports and effective compliance with external accreditation requirements. Education. Ensure the orientation of all new staff to their responsibilities and assist in appropriate in-service training. 30%
- Oversee the development of the annual strategic instruction and marketing plans. Seek out partnerships within and outside the institution for program implementation and enhancement. Promote the visibility of the division within the institution and within the community. Analyze competition; conduct environmental scanning and database research. 20%
- Oversee the operating budgets for the division and is responsible for the management of the adopted budget for the current fiscal year. Oversee the preparation, analysis, and distribution of the annual report for each program within the division. Evaluate financial performance, budget management, program quality, new program development, and customer service performance for the division; other duties as assigned. 20%
- Administrative Support IV
- Director of Operations
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Instruction Financial Coordinator
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Work is primarily indoor and sedentary in nature.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master degree and three years of experience related to the essential job duties.
- Knowledge of organizational development theory and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Program planning, development, implementation, and leadership skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.