Under general supervision of the Senior Director of Distance Education, the Instructional Design Services Director will lead the daily operations of the Instructional Design Services unit, and oversee the development of innovative and effective Online courses and related materials.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|43||2DF – Department not found||Full-time||A99079|
- Direct all operations of Instructional Design Services to ensure innovation, excellence, and efficiency in course development, delivery, maintenance, and related projects. (30%)
- Create, prioritize, and manage production (project) flow for educational and creative projects. 20%)
- Review/improve operations and procedures, organize resources and establish priorities, plan and implement short- and long-range goals. (10%)
- Supervise and lead a diverse team of professionals and foster a cooperative and creative work environment. (10%)
- Productively and effectively collaborate with a wide range of internal and external constituencies. (10%)
- Research and maintain currency in evolving distance learning methods and pedagogies. (10%)
- Collaborate with and support other units within Distance Education as needed. (10%)
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Business Management, Project Management or related field and four years’ experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the essential duties of the position totaling eight years.
- Knowledge and experience in project management planning and organizational implementation, preferably in an educational context.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and provide leadership for a diverse team of professionals.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and delivery of successful and creative distance learning courses and programs.
- Knowledge of current and emerging instructional design theory.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Evidence of critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to produce and maintain budgets and financial proposals.