Creates, manages and participates in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the department and the college, and collective and individual interest of its staff and student body.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|2FB – Department not found||Full-time||A98483|
- Plans, prepares, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught. Prepares instructional materials (mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instructs, manages and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms and laboratories by the following methods; demonstration, discussion, visual aids, etc.
- Evaluates instructions and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance test.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance and follow-up.
- Establishes and maintains office hours and advises students during this time and at other time as needed.
- Assists counselors, department’s chairperson, staff and faculty in maintaining an effective program.
- Submits requisitions for books, supplies and equipment necessary for the coursework.
- Assist in student recruitment, advisement, and placement, and recommend students for advancement and graduation.
- Performs other appropriate university and professional services, which may include visiting secondary schools, attending national conferences, offering workshops and adjudicating.
Graduated from an accredited institution with a Ph.D. from an AACSB accredited business school or a JD/LLM in tax, or a JD and Masters of Tax with preference given to a Ph.D. All ranks will be considered. Exceptional teaching and good research skills are required. Professional certification and work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodology of teaching techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of professional software packages.
- Skills in recruiting, interviewing and placement of students.
- Skills in assisting counselors and other department heads in maintaining an effective program.
- Proven skills as a accomplish teacher/performer. Interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Excellence in teaching as demonstrated through effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to supervise others, including students and employees.
- Ability to develop effective business and educational partnerships at the campus, local, state and national levels.
- Ability to develop curriculum and teach design courses.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate (written and orally) with a wide variety of students, faculty and others.