Provide management and strategic direction for all areas of the Admissions Department, including the admission of undergraduate, graduate and international (F-1 visa) students. Administer all Federal and State regulations relating to visa students and determination of residency for tuition purposes. Coordinates the design and implementation of consistent communication through the admission funnel. Implement and maintain structured enrollment processes relating to Admissions, working closely with other entities on campus in coordination of University structured enrollment procedures. Administer academic policy and university regulations that govern the process of Admissions. Participate in the development and enhancement of specialized automated systems, maintaining current knowledge in the latest technology related to functional areas.
Position: Director - Admissions
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|46||4BB – Department not found||Full-time||A97911|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Develops and recommends policies for Admissions which support goals and policies of the University and which ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations. 10%
- Directs implementation and maintenance in Banner Student Information System for all aspects of the admissions department, including undergraduate, international and graduate admissions. Collaborates with High School Concurrent Enrollment department in managing the admission and registration design and IT programming. Works closely with IT for programming and testing new procedures and upgrades to the University student information system (Banner). 25%
- Maintains structured enrollment processes for acceptance to the University. Works closely with recruitment, marketing and enrollment services in developing programming design for improvement to current SE processes and future needs. 15%
- Oversees the hiring and training of all FT, PT and student employees for the Admissions Department. 10%
- Represents the University regarding Admissions at various meetings and committee assignments, as well as externally to State agencies, vendors, students, parents and the general public. 20%
- Oversees the administration of WUE program, residency determination for all new applicants and current students, and processing of international student requests for I-20s. 10%
- Perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
Special Requirements of the Position:
Willing to work extra hours in a day/week when warranted.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling six years.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations and institutional policies pertaining to admissions, Western Undergraduate Exchange, residency determination and F-1 students.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Banner student system and related module components.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills.
- Skill in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise both administrative and professional staff as well as student employees.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.