Under Accounts Receivable department supervision, performs moderately complex and confidential administrative duties, which require a range of skills and knowledge of UVU policies and procedures. Composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence, invoices, billings, reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents. Organizes and maintains accurate bookkeeping and accounting control records; handles and interprets customer and departmental inquiries; assists with various office duties; and performs other duties as assigned.
Position: Technician - Accounts Receivable
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|3BB – Department not found||Part-time|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Performs confidential administrative duties, including handling monies, composing billings, invoices, routine correspondence, and obtaining factual information requiring knowledge of policies/procedures of both assigned and work related areas.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support such as answering telephones, assisting students and customers, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries. Handles and interprets departmental inquiries.
- Assists with Third Party processing and billing of sponsored student accounts.
- Assists with student Trust accounts. Interacts effectively with students, counselors, departments and A/R customers with integrity and confidentiality providing excellent customer service.
- Operates office equipment such as computer, photocopier, fax machine, scanner and calculator.
- Coordinates the preparation & submission of internal and external reports.
- Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Develops, maintains and updates databases, files, records, and/or other documents; performs routine analysis and calculations in the processing of data.
- Monitors invoice payment process, researching abnormalities in invoicing and payments.
- Monitors invoice balances and informs departments of discrepancies.
- Performs collection functions and negotiates with customers regarding delays in payments.
- Maintains large volumes of files kept in Accounts Receivable.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate’s degree plus 2 year experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education & experience related to the summary of duties totaling 4years.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and record keeping processes.
- Knowledge of monies control and security.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Skill in the use of computers and computer software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and databases.
- Ability to work well with students, departmental personnel, and the general public.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude among coworkers.
Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Ability to follow oral and written procedures & instructions.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative support duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with the people of diverse backgrounds.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.