This position is responsible for managing all employment processes of the university including posting jobs, applicant tracking, recruitment advertising, screening of applications, compensation recommendations, criminal background checks, employment eligibility verification, new hire paperwork, etc. This position also provides consultation and training for hiring managers in order to help them achieve their staffing goals within the complexity of employment laws and regulations. The employment manager leads a small team of full and part-staff and manages budgets for recruitment advertising and criminal background checks.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|41||3CD – Department not found||Full-time||A99401|
- Manages processes for posting, advertising, screening, and filling of all positions at the university. Ensure compliance with UVU policy, and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Continuously review, recommend, and implement hiring process and hiring policy improvements.
- Implements and monitors UVU's AA/EEO programs and procedures as they pertain to recruitment and employment processes.
- Assists with investigation/resolution of discrimination complaints in recruitment and employment processes.
- Manages employment eligibility verification process including I-9 and E-Verify procedures. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Oversee I-9/E-Verify training for HR and other UVU staff.
- Assists with H1B visa and Permanent Resident Card sponsorship applications.
- Manages the completion of new hire paperwork for all employees of the university.
- Manages central budget for recruitment advertising.
- Manages criminal background check processes. Facilitate the university Risk Assessment Committee in reviewing criminal histories.
- Provides training, resources, and consultation services to hiring managers and search committees for safe and effective hiring.
- Manages university applicant tracking system. Provide user training and assistance for applicants.
- Recommends compensation levels for new staff hires.
- Manages content for employment web pages.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community organizations.
- Manages employment staff. Cross-trains other HR staff on applicable employment functions as needed.
- Supports the overall function and goals of the Human Resources department and the university.
- A98968 Human Resource Generalist, Grade 34, Exempt
- A97854 Human Resource Generalist, Grade 34, Exempt
- A99499 Human Resource Generalist, Grade 34, Exempt
- G99746 Administrative Support II - Front Desk
- G98293 Administrative Support II - Front Desk
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in human resource management, or a closely related field, and two years of employment, recruitment, or closely related experience; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to employment and recruitment totaling six years. PHR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret the laws and regulations relating to employment, immigration, affirmative action, and equal opportunity.
- Knowledge of effective recruitment strategies and selection procedures.
- Skill in training and presenting to large and small groups.
- Skill in managing budgets.
- Skill in decision making.
- Ability to write, persuade, consult and otherwise communicate effectively.
- Leadership ability.
- Ability to create, implement, monitor, and improve employment processes.