To ensure the efficient operation of the Accounts Payable Office; supervises the Travel Coordinator, Accounts Payable Technicians, and all other part-time employees in the Accounts Payable Office. This position is an essential part in effectively paying vendors used by the University.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|35||3BB – Department not found||none||A99205|
- Manage/oversee quality of Finance & Business Services customer relations. Manage all UVU business related interactions between vendors, students & employees pertaining to accounting matters which include Fed & State legal compliance issues. 20%
- Assist in managing University wide Accounts Payable transactions to meet state and federal auditing standards. 20%
- Supervise, train, schedule, and evaluate Full and Part-time Accounts Payable Staff. 20%
- Supervise, train, schedule, and evaluate Travel Coordinator and provide backup support when needed. 15%
- Process Direct Payments for Payroll Office including payments for Garnishment withholding and various tax remittances. 10%
- Perform other job related duties as assigned. 15%
- Full-time and part-time staff
- Continuously: Sitting; particularly for extending periods of time.
- Frequently: Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound. Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive inspection involving small defects, small parts, operations of machines (including inspection) or to make general observations facilities or structure (i.e. security guard, inspectors, etc.); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distance close to eye. Vision ability; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must be convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Occasionally: Walking; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Excludes walking to/from work area or cafeteria, etc. Lifting; raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position up to 10 pounds.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, CSIS, legal assisting, or a related field and 1 year of experience related to the summary of duties OR any combination of education and experience totaling 5 year(s).
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of processes involving reconciliation, set-up/account record retention, general ledgers etc.
- Knowledge of principles & methods of employee supervision & training.
- Knowledge of effective human relations/communication techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical research & analysis.
- Skill in computers/computer software applications (imaging, spreadsheets, and accounting software).Skill in records management, particularly pertaining to complex financial transactions (i.e. general ledgers, check registration, account set up, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use general office equipment including computer, scanner, fax machine, copy machine, etc.