Under supervision; provides a range of routine general services support in the Warehouse by performing clerical services, basic maintenance and repair, materials handling, and/or customer services. Provides and operates automobiles, light trucks, and other equipment in order to haul, move, and deliver materials on, to, and from campus.
Position: Specialist - Warehouse Worker and Driver
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|5||3BB – Department not found||Part-time|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Drives a university-owned van, providing safe and efficient transportation of mechanizes to and from of the warehouse. 20%
- Performs routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, and water and tire pressures. 10%
- Maintains records of work performed; makes timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences. 10%
- Carries out various activities related to such areas as shipping and receiving, materials handling, warehousing and inventory control, as appropriate to the position. 30%
- Assist in picking up surplus items from around campus.10%
- Test items and organize for surplus sale, and deliver surplus items to departments on campus. 10%
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. 10%
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical work: Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling required of objects up to 75 pounds.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and able to drive a stick shift delivery truck or van.
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 months of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified and a valid Utah's Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a load materials and/or equipment.
- Ability to move heavy objects; and positive customer service skills required.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.