Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing and Promotions, this position will assist in creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing and promotional plan; assist with managing, coordinating, and coaching interns and work study students interested in sports marketing. Assist to implement a community outreach program focused on increasing attendance for all NCAA sports.
Position: Assistant Marketing and Promotions
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|4GA – Department not found||Part-time|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Analyzes marketing and promotional needs as well as coordinates marketing and promotional plans, ideas and activities for all NCAA sports.
- Develops innovative ideas, concepts and approaches for marketing and promotions. Initiates specific strategies, complete with projected goals and objectives.
- Monitors progress and suggest modifications as specific strategies are implemented.
- Regularly evaluates each marketing and promotional effort, seeking ways to improve performance and increase productivity.
- Advance promotion of general, group and community ticket sales for all NCAA sports.
- Advances creation and development of printed promotional and advertising material. Responsible for successful script writing, pre-game, in-game and post-game promotions.
- Assist in the on/off campus and community marketing, advertising and promotion of UVU Athletics.
- Assists in the fulfillment of corporate partnerships as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Promotions.
- Supervises student workers and work studies.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Mandatory event attendance at night and weekend events throughout the year including some holidays.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree and one year of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling 5 years.
- Knowledge of general marketing practices.
- Skill in developing fund raising, advertising, and marketing promotions.
- Ability to manage a set budget as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director over Marketing and Promotions.
- Ability to help supervise and train assistant help in athletic marketing field.
- Ability to work with people in public relations settings.
- Knowledge with the regulations governing intercollegiate athletics as set forth by the NCAA.
- Ability to plan, organize and problem solve.
- Skill in computers and computer software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group and individuals.
- Ability to direct and supervise assigned sports programs.
- Ability to uphold and abide by all NCAA regulations and Utah Valley University institutional policies and procedures.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.