Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Prospective Student Services, the Recruiter - Special Population will manage and participate in all on-campus tours and recruitment events, to recruit prospective students to UVU.
Position: Recruiter - Special Population
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|4BE – Department not found||Part-time|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Plan and coordinate recruitment in collaboration with Athletics, Academic Deans, Chairs, Faculty, and Advisors.
- Assist in covering the post high school tour, regional fairs and off-campus businessess off & company fairs
- Build relationships within community for recruitment purposes.
- Coordinate and participate recruitment events with UVU departments and off campus entities.
- Speak publically on a variety of special topics related to UVU and recruitment.
- Coordinate presentations for a variety of interests on topics related to UVU and recruitment.
- Provide assistance/information on admissions, financial aid, scholarships, transfer credit, residency, etc.
- Provide referrals for prospective students regarding individualized needs and requests.
- Provide follow-up on prospective students who have attended high school relations recruitment events.
- Assist the PSS Office in development of University Marketing Materials for recruitment.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Some evening and weekend work.
- Valid Driver’s License required and proof of Insurance
- Travel required.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in a related field AND one year of experience directly related to the summary of duties.
- Abilility to Public Speak
- Extensive knowledge of college marketing and recruitment programs and methods.
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills. Knowledge of the broad range of UVU degree listings, and programs.
- Skill in disseminating knowledge of UVU degrees and programs
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.