Under the Director of University Events, the Assistant Director will: Assist with all special events and integrated University projects. Support the planning, coordination and implementation of campus and or community events that require University resources. Engage and represent the University in its role of providing continued quality entertainment, functions and events for UVU students, employees and friends.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|10||5AA – Department not found||Part-time||G98345|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Work with Director of University Events to plan and implement major University events.
- Assist in planning and organizing the Presidential Scholarship Ball and Commencement.
- Assist/monitor /maintain interior and exterior campus signage.
- Maintain event reports, records and information to assess positive improvements for future events.
- Collaborate with UVU's Communication Specialist. Monitor/assist Presidential Ambassadors on occasion.
- Coordinate with various vendors and university departments to accomplish the success of each specific event.
- Interpret and expedite event contract information.
- Insure that all campus events are current in the campus event software and participate on the Events Committee.
- Perform other miscellaneous job related duties, as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Individual will need to work some evenings and weekends.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an Associate degree and one year professional experience in event management OR combination of education and experience totaling 3 years of events management and public relations.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in planning and event development.
- Strong experience with multi-tasking. Experience with soliciting and managing event personnel.
- Skill in public relations and experience with event vendor negotiation and contracting helpful.
- Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability with project management, budgeting, and program evaluation.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and diverse workplace environment.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.